Sunday, March 2, 2008

And the Winner Is...

I've been wanting to try the singlespeed thing for several years now but never took the plunge until now. I narrowed my choices down to three frames: Gary Fisher Rig, Bianchi Rita, and a Niner One 9. I sold every old bike part I could find in my basement on Ebay then I placed bids on each of the three frames.



And the winner is...

















THE NINER ONE 9!

I consulted teammate and friend Warren Schimizzi on gear set-up, tires, rims, and hubs. Two weeks later the bike was built and ready to ride. I hooked up with Ron, Warren, Paula, Donnie, and Chris for my first ss ride. This ride included some road but mostly single/double track. My first impressions are that the bike handles well and is very light. I can't wait to ride it again!

2 comments:

Warren Schimizzi said...

That thing turned out to be pretty sweet. Gotta get me one of those. (I guess I'll be holding off since we just bought a new house)

Jen said...

Nice seeing you yesterday Chip. Hope you're doing well. That is a sharp looking bike. Did ya have a good ride? See ya again soon.