Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Love My MP3 players, but...

There is something so cool about having thousands of songs right there in your pocket, no question about that, but there is something missing- album art! I was in a small cafe yesterday in Petersburg. One room was decorated wall to wall with old album covers from 12 inch vinyl records. BTW, this is a great idea if you hate to paint! Yeah, I know you can still get some of the album art on the tiny screen of a MP3 player, but it is just not the same. There were some pretty cool album covers back in the day. Looking at all those album covers was a walk down Memory Lane. Foreigner, Van Halen, The Cars, The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles and Billy Joel had some great covers. When I was a teenager, I mowed grass and lifeguarded during the summers and spent most of my paycheck on these old records!


No comments: