Sunday, December 9, 2007

Goals!

2007 is winding down, and it's time to start thinking about yearly goals. But first of all I'd like to share one of Jannie's goals from last year.
"I want to make it up the Roanoke Mountain loop WITHOUT STOPPING before I turn 34," Jannie remarked after purchasing her Specialized road bike. She tried a couple times w/out success. We marked her progress with a landmark. Well, here's what happened in 2007 the day before she turned 34.


We headed out from her house on the Blue Ridge Parkway towards Roanoke Mountain. There are two hills to overcome before reaching the bottom of Roanoke Mountain, and she accomplished these without too much trouble.


We stopped for a couple of minutes and then headed up this four mile loop. About two hundred yards into this brutal climb she stopped and got off of her bike and sat down. The look of defeat and frustration was written all over her face. My thoughts were let's just revise this goal to "making up Roanoke Mountain before she turns 35."

But then I heard the words, "I can do this. I want to start over and try it again!"


So, we rode back down and started the painful climb for the second time.

This time she made it all the way to the top WITHOUT STOPPING! GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!
Enjoy the pictures!



4 comments:

Racing Yenski said...

You go girl!!!

Rev's Pulpit said...

way to go! and the blog is great too. keep the stuff coming.

Jen said...

Way to go Jannie. It is a bitch of a climb huh? Let me know when you want to go ride it together. I'm game! Well at least once it warms up a bit! =)

RIDE ON - CHICKYS RULE!!!!

Oh yea, welcome back to blogdom Chip!

Paula said...

That's because chicky's totally rule! Boys drool!...Way to go Jannie...you rock!.....Keep the blogs coming Chip...I'm a slacker at keeping my blog up but I love reading what others are up to!....