Friday, December 21, 2007

The History of Bikes (Well, my bikes)



1966- 1975- Not a bike, but these things were fun! Every kid in the neighborhood had one. You could do some great fish tails with these plastic wheels! It was my first and only single speed.



1975- 1994-It was the banana seat bikes and a couple of ten speed bikes (like the one in the pic). In the neighborhood we built a "dirt course" with several small ramps and jumped them with these bikes!






1994- I purchased a Giant Sedona mountain bike from CMT. I never thought I would spend 600 bucks on a bike! It had front suspension!



1997- Then came the Specialized Stumpjumper. V- brakes were the rage!





2002- Next was the Intense Tracer. Sold it after a month. Call me old-school, but I couldn't get into FS.






2002- So, it was back to a hardtail. Decided to buy a Jamis Dragon frame. Steel is real. Well, at least for a year it was. I wanted to go with a lighter frame, so...


2003- it was back to the old 1997 Stumpjumper.








2003- I purchased my first real road bike. It was an Olmo! I completed a couple of centuries on this bike.










2007- I decided to give a GF 29er a try! It's what I'm rollin on now!

So, what's next? Who knows?



To be continued...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I wanna go back to the big wheel days or the green machine. Remember those? Have a great Holiday!!! Tell Jannie Hi!!!